Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When all the Walls Fall Down

Today all the walls fell down.
Crash, rubble, and I looked around.
What am I doing here?

Pretenses and pretends
shattered shards of glory
Was there really only this one path to begin with?

To be remembered seems important
Deeds and promises kept, paramount
No matter if I'd rather hide.

But I remember what this city looked like
Can sift through the rubble and see
Not stones, but houses, dwellings, homes.

It's this remembering that haunts me
Ghosts of what has been and what is
Floating before me as I rise

No more to be who I thought
I'm afraid I can't go back from here.
We've reached the point of no return

Regret's regretful, but empty and changeless
Emotions and expressions hopes and depressions
All of them, a part of the future the meaning of the past.

What we see won't last
It's the heart that matters now.
So where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment