Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elephants, Corn, and World Domination (part 1)

Elephants.

Last night, I was riding elephants through San Fransisco. Up the hills, down the hills, talking to my elephant friend named Ellie. (Apparently, in my dreams, I'm not very creative when it comes to naming things). Ellie was a large pachyderm. She was also a small one. She changed sizes from time to time as she ran around this kind of creepy guy's appartment in the hills of 'frisco. Every afternoon (for this was several afternoons, mind you) I would go over to (I think his name was Ernie?) Ernie's house to pick up Ellie for her walk. I'd have to chase her little self all around the house, pick her up, walk outside, set her down (fortunately, she didn't weigh much...???) and then get on her back because she was gigantic. The second time I did this, I was yelled at by Ernie because the day before I had not brought back any tips. I was unaware that whilst riding Ellie I was supposed to be bringing in cash for Ernie's greedy little hands. So that afternoon I rode around, trying to reach the money people stretched out to me, but was unable to grasp it. I went back to Ernie's house one last time, defeated, and he stood at the door waiting for me. He held out a claw thing (like one of those dinosaur things where you pull the trigger and it bites something), and then a looong butterfly net and pointed me back out the door.

It was 9:30 when I woke up, weirded out by Ernie, trying to goad Ellie up the gigantic hill, and realizing, that I needed a shower before I could look presentable. What a morning.

Personally, I blame the corn maze last night for my elephant dreams. My sugar coated red dye #09 did a number on my brain. The corn maze was awesome, somewhat frightening, and totally worth the fifteen bucks I paid to get in.


Did you know that corn can be scary? I was not aware of this fact before last night, but now fully embrace the "corn can be fearsome" mantra. There are these stalks taller than you could ever hope to be all around you. Every fork in the road, every turn, looks just about like it did the last time you turned left (or was it right?) There are whispers and rustles and screams all around you. Coupled with the occasional song from Dylan, a shushing or two from Alice, and general directions from Jessie. (<3)

Here, don't believe me? Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAflQ8J87JY&feature=player_embedded

...okay, that was the wrong video. Side note: OPRAH HAS A CORN MAZE! HOLY CORN!

Now, for the feature presentation:

http://www.themaize.com/hauntedmaize.home

There. Now that was frightening. Stay tuned for part DOS of this Elephants, Corn, and World Domination blog post, right now I need to raid my pantry for some halloween oreos
(yes, they have those: http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/halloween-oreos.jpg)
and write a bit of my senior paper. Ciao!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment