Thursday, October 14, 2010

Right-o.

Hello. I swear I haven't forgotten about you.

No, instead I've been writing *other* things. Gasp! Yes, I know, cheating on my blog. But I SWEAR, it wasn't my idea. The 4,000 words just... just crept up on me, I couldn't resist. But I PROMISE I won't leave you again. (Well............ okay, at least until the final draft's due).

Anyway, what's been going on in Shirkville recently? Hmmm. Well, like I said, senior paper was a butt and a half. Autosave pretty much saved my ass. Stupid computer. -I MEAN NICE COMPUTER, I LIKE YOU COMPUTER, PLEASE DON'T DIE, COMPUTER-

I've had several smatterings of stories rumbling about in my head. All of which are kind of fantasy-type-futureistic ideas. Something I haven't ever really written before. I might just have to try that out one of these days. Bits from the idea? (As well as info on that promised world domination topic from last post):


+ "Google" takes over the world. First an internet sensation, then pretty much owning the internet, then becoming a household name, then becoming a verb in the English language, then expanding their repitoire to include literally "automatic" vehicles (aka, they drive themselves), further expansion including the monitoring of all communication methods, eventual bankruptcy of postal service due to popularity of "google" methods of communication, placement of key members of society sympathetic to google, eventual world domination because there's just no other option.

+ two teens on the run from "google operatives." Cars that drive themselves have "eyes" that can use facial recognition programming to find outlaws so they have to switch their faces everyday as well as their bodytype by wearing fat suits or girdles. Intimate scene when they are their real selves. (insert awwww here)

+ Teens develop (out of necessity?) the ability to teleport/communicate telepathically (?) Their teleportation is the ability to fully and completely picture the exact position of somewhere they've been in the past. The first time it is done when a scent brings up a particularly poignant memory in the mind of the girl who then dissapears (much like the feeling of dissaparating). Because she's so confused and because she doesn't know how to contact him, they end up using telepathy.


...yeah. It's mondo rough. I'm thinkin' on it. I still have to write more on Peter's Wendy (hint, hint, other blog, hint... peterswendy.blogspot.com )

Thoughts welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment