Today Sage got lost at the banana, knowledge and truth were banned from TOK, and Bob the ghost reminded us all of our independence. Classic IHS.
But, on the bright side, Pandora spewed out some awesome working music. Movie themes as follows:
Back to the Future
Harry Potter
Star Trek
Spirited Away
Sweeny Todd
Star Wars
Pirates of the Carribbean
:)
On the Harry Potter note though, I am really really bummed that Dumbledore died. It's like every second I'm not thinking about the senior paper, or homework, or MLA, or colleges, or well, a lot of things, I'm thinking about Dumbledore's funeral. And then what ever the heck is going on with Harry and Saturday (since I'm only up to chapter two of the 7th book). Alice says there's something even more sad coming up and I almost don't want to know what it is, but I'm determined to finish this book before Nov. 19th when the first half of the 7th movie comes out.
So, my review of things so far in the Hogwarts world?
...well, I definitely want a wand and keep catching myself muttering spells when I'm to lazy to actually get up and do something. I keep secretly hoping that if I think it hard enough, it'll happen. It could, ya know. Weirder things than that have happened in my life. Trust me.
But, books, yes. I can stay on one topic today. I'm not sleep deprived because I was reading through the last of the 6th book late into last night (which took way longer because I was crying). Nooo.
Book.
I like the books. I like how thought out they are. How well this world melds into itself. I've yet to really find any serious inconsistancies throughout the series and that's a HUGE bonus for series books in my opinnion. As to the characters? I really like the twins and Ron and Harry. I like Hermione too. And Hagrid. And Fawkes. And Ginny. AND DUMBLEDORE. But to be perfectly honest, I didn't connect as well with Sirius. I do hate Malfoy thouroughly, (though now I'm with Harry and mostly just pity the guy). Umbridge was a butt. Lupin was awesome. And Snape's a dirtbag who's got what for coming.
I think I probably identify (although I am quite sure this has been said time and time again by waaaaay too many teenagers/tweens to be reasonable) most with Harry out of all the characters. But then again, don't we almost always identify most with the main character? I dunno. I'd like to think I am brave enough to care that much about others and my friends. Though, honestly, I don't know what I'd do about Voldemort. I'm sure my feelings would be different had he actually killed *my* parents/godfather/mentor. Definitely. I still (even though they weren't mine) want to have him get his toes cut off as it is.
What house would I be in? I've been thinking Gryffindor, but let's see what this quiz says.
My in depth results:
Gryffindor: 12
Hufflepuff: 12
Ravenclaw: 12
Slytherin: 8
I know I can sometimes be too nice, or too brainy, but in the end, I think this result is probably right. I'll stand up for what I believe in and leave the books behind when it comes down to it.
.............speaking of books, that annoying pile of them that keeps on getting bigger next to me is calling. Halle... Halle.... keep your grades up Halle.... keep them up so you can go to another school... Right. Why am I doing this again? *sigh* oh well. Life's short, got to keep busy somehow.
LUMOS!

I typed out a very long message about how we need to talk about houses, and then I stopped. You have to read the 7th book before you truly understand. Hehe... I'm a Gryffindor, and so is Dante but good god, never tell him that (he insists that he is a Ravenclaw). You on the other hand I would peg as a Hufflepuff, and I'll tell you why... in due time. :P Actually, that conversation we could probably have now, but you really need a full understanding of all four houses before you can REALLY choose.
ReplyDeleteAnyway. Love you to pieces for reading these, I'm so glad you finally did. And we have to talk about Sirius. Oh my god we have so much to talk about, I'm so excited!! Everyone else moved on from the HP talk so long ago, but it's all new for you!! This is great. It's like a birthday present.
Shutting up now.